Friday 14 September 2012

My fashion influences.

Hello all once again!

Now I thought, seeing as this blog is mostly fashion based and I love fashion and being creative with it, I would share with you my influences. Some may be strange, some may be quite normal. Read on for more...!

1. Carey Mulligan

Carey Mulligan has to be my all time favourite style icon. You may know her from An Education, Shame, Drive and in the upcoming film The Great Gatsby.
She has such a classical style and THE most amazing array of dresses I have ever seen. She always looks so put together and I will admit that I am insanely jealous of her!
Whether she is wearing a dainty little dress of a pair of rolled up trousers and brogues, she doesn't seem to ever put a foot wrong.
And those dimples... some girls get all the luck eh?








2. Suzy Bishop from Moonrise Kingdom


Hmm, yes I know it's a little odd to take influence from a fictional character of twelve years old but there you go. I love the simplicity of her style and innocence of it too. I have a big thing for collars as well which is why Suzy, who is played by Kara Hayward, is one my influences. The sixties has always been an influential era for most people and Suzy Bishop displays a really wearable version that most shapes and sizes could pull off. I wonder if Wes Anderson knew he had created such a style icon?



3.  Katy Perry


I love Katy Perry's style on and off stage because ultimately, she has fun with fashion without going too crazy (most of the time). But also, how can you have a list of fashion influences without a PVC wearing pop princess on it? She has a kind of quirky twist on the fifties look which I find so fun. Her short fringe suits her so well and what's more, she isn't a skinny minnie. I know she is a size 18 but she definitely has curves and I admire her for that.





4. Miley Cyrus

There has been a lot of controversy around Cyrus' style, especially when she was a little younger because she is quite risque. However, I think she is young and learning about what suits her and she is moving with the times. We're not living in the 20's when showing a little ankle was as far as you dare go. She has a real rocky, edgy style and always looks good even on down days. She also has my admiration for cutting off all of her hair! I know myself it is scary but also liberating to do that as I have also had very short hair for some time now, although I'm letting it grow out now. It really suits her and she wears it very uniquely.










I hope you've enjoyed this post and please let me know about your favourite fashion influences!
More of my fashion influences coming soon :D

No comments:

Post a Comment